Advancing People Multilingual is working with a well-established client based in Bedford, who are actively looking to recruit a full time permanent Spanish Translator to join their team.
Translation or revision of written or spoken material from languages in which the post-holder is appropriately qualified into English, ensuring meaning and context are maintained, creating glossaries or term dictionaries. The post-holder must maintain a professional knowledge of multiple languages including Spanish, work with individual clients, corporations.
- To translate documents accurately to a standard fit for publication.
- To consult appropriate sources and to attain the level of product knowledge required to deliver the above translations.
- Adhering to client-specific instructions
- To translate a wide range of other document types including medical, literacy, legal, research, technical, scientific and educational.
- To revise translations completed by internal and, where appropriate, external translators to ensure high quality, consistent standards of work.
- Fluent in Spanish and any other Western European languages would be an advantage.
- BA Degree in languages or other equivalent relevant combination of training experience
- Previous experience in the translation field and use of SDL Studio.
- A keen eye for detail, with an ability to work accurately under pressure in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Highly IT literate
This is a full time position and a fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking and expanding company.
Offering a basic salary of up to £25,000 pro rata + fantastic benefits!