Advancing People Multilingual are working with a well-established client based in Liverpool, who due to their continued success are looking to recruit a permanent Brazilian Portuguese In-house Translator to join their internal team.
The main purpose of this role is to translate documentation and other texts from Brazilian Portuguese into English & English to Brazilian Portuguese ensuring that the target text reads like original using computer assisted translation tools where directed to optimise the translation process.
- To translate legal documentation accurately to a high standard
- To consult appropriate sources and to attain the level o required to deliver the above technical translations.
- To translate marketing / advertising / corporate communication texts (e.g. exhibition literature, product brochures, press releases and magazines) appropriately and with sufficient flair as to accurately reflect the source text and also maximize the saleability of the brand.
- To manage a personal work schedule and work flexibly to ensure that quality is assured and all deadlines are met.
- Fluent in Brazilian Portuguese
- Previous experience in the translation field working with CAT tools is highly desirable.
- A postgraduate qualification in translation is desirable.
- A keen eye for detail, with an ability to work accurately under pressure in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Highly IT literate
This is a full time position and a fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking and expanding company.
Offering a basic salary of £20,000 - £25,000 with fantastic company benefits.